Caring For Your Delicate Eye Area
- Certain moisturizers that swell up are not be applied.
- Separate eye creams/gels are a must if you suffer with puffy or ageing eyes.
- Hold a metal spoon under cold running water for a few minutes and then gently press it onto the eye area to soothe, cool and reduce swelling.
- Cucumber slices are good one for reducing puffiness and soothing tired, sore eyes.
- Hemorrhoid creams containing sharks liver oil or yeast applied to the puffy area, they’re good are for reducing swelling.
- Soak used tea bags in cold water for around ten minutes (making sure they are really cool) and place them on the puffy area. Start at the outside of the eye and roll them gently inwards.
- Elevate your head when you sleep to encourage fluid to drain away from the eye area.
- Place a slice of raw potato underneath your eyes. The potassium in them counteracts dark circles.
- Diet, again! Avoid salty food which can cause fluid retention